My Opinion on Recent changes & Current Events.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Opinion on Recent changes & Current Events.

Post  OwenDaKid on November 12th 2014, 4:15 pm

With the recent #Nerfvember I feel that my opinion is due.  Insted of nerfing mods to the degree that they are currently, why not try buffing the counters? For example if you were going to nerf incindary, why not try buffing hazmat a tad. You could even do a combo of nerfing and buffing, for example nerfing incidary a bit and buffing hazmat. Personally I feel the nerfs are being a little to harsh recently. Could we also get an explanation for some of the more vigorous nerfs or atleast a change log of some sorts to clear up any confusion?

Theirs also a few things that have been bothering me aswell on the server. Gem drop rates should be drasticly lowered. Now adays getting gems are super easy. The less of a demand for gems, marketing doesnt feel scares anymore like it once did. I rember when xmas guns were the shit back in may, now it seems like any one can afford them. Uniques are starting to become allot more common aswell, people should really have to pinch pennies for a unique. Their great weapons at the high price tag. It's like a fancy car, you cant just buy one with in less then a month, however you got to save up and be scares with your money. This helps drive/motavate people to stay. Along with gems becoming to common events are too. We really shouldn't do as many mainstream events as people currently expect us to, people are becoming greedy and forgot the main point of the events. The main point for players should be to have fun and enjoy the special opprotunity that their in, insted people act sort of like savages if they dont get what they want.

I'm not trying to come of harsh on anybody. I'm trying to provide constructive critisim on some of the things I dislike/I dont understand. Even with my opinions I still find the server enjoyable, dont get me wrong. I hope you understand that i'm not trying to bash the server in any way, just trying to get my opinion accross.

Thanks,
Owen.

Last edited by OwenDaKid on November 12th 2014, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gramatical Errors)

OwenDaKid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Opinion on Recent changes & Current Events.

Post  Billy_ on November 12th 2014, 4:28 pm

I see where you're coming from on the topic of lowering gem drop rates, and I think it'd be a pretty good idea. The only problem is people and greed. Greed is the biggest addiction, once you get wealth you find of get a money high and only want more. Then something called instant gratification comes into play, nowadays people don't like to work for things, they want things immediately as a result of doing something good. So yeah, I think it is a good idea but I don't know what the rest of the player base will think.

Oh yeah and also Liberals

Last edited by Billy_ on November 12th 2014, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't judge me, I'm tired. I forgot a word.)

Billy_

View user profile http://Burnie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on November 12th 2014, 5:27 pm

The reason I don't buff the counters is because the people who complain about OP guns already aren't using the counters. Make the "punishment" for not using counters less heavy by nerfing guns makes it so instead of being completely impossible to take someone out without the proper equipment, it just makes it a lot harder. I did make a post about what's been nerfed but if you want any more details than that, just ask me, because as a whole there's way too many little things that have been changed for me to make a big list of it all.

Xmas guns aren't even being sold, so I don't know what you're talking about. The problem with uniques and gems is that there's no curve for someone who plays only once a while and someone who plays very frequently. The Circulator is the closest thing to being an equalizer but it isn't so great. The gem drops are high so people who don't play a lot can still get them and make guns and stuff. I actually had people complain to me that it was way too hard to get gems to make guns. Yes, just basic regular mod guns. So there's that. But then, making it so people get reduced gems depending on how long they spend on the server would just be a mess and make people even less likely to want to play. So it's a big problem.

It's really hard- no actually it's impossible to please everyone. I do what I can, but no matter what, there's always gonna people who are unhappy with how things are.

View user profile http://bobszrp.idfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OwenDaKid on November 12th 2014, 6:00 pm

Ablationer wrote:The reason I don't buff the counters is because the people who complain about OP guns already aren't using the counters. Make the "punishment" for not using counters less heavy by nerfing guns makes it so instead of being completely impossible to take someone out without the proper equipment, it just makes it a lot harder. I did make a post about what's been nerfed but if you want any more details than that, just ask me, because as a whole there's way too many little things that have been changed for me to make a big list of it all.

Xmas guns aren't even being sold, so I don't know what you're talking about. The problem with uniques and gems is that there's no curve for someone who plays only once a while and someone who plays very frequently. The Circulator is the closest thing to being an equalizer but it isn't so great. The gem drops are high so people who don't play a lot can still get them and make guns and stuff. I actually had people complain to me that it was way too hard to get gems to make guns. Yes, just basic regular mod guns. So there's that. But then, making it so people get reduced gems depending on how long they spend on the server would just be a mess and make people even less likely to want to play. So it's a big problem.

It's really hard- no actually it's impossible to please everyone. I do what I can, but no matter what, there's always gonna people who are unhappy with how things are.

What im trying to say is basicly uniques arnt really as rare as they should be. Heres a good example, way back when uniques were first released, people werent as rich as they are now. Getting rich is super easy now. I grind grind about 500k worth of gems in under an hour. This would take less then a month to get about 15mil, that be playing for an hour every day. If you add in gem deals/ other profits that nearly 20mil if you have some what of an idea of the market. People who dont play so much odviously arnt going to have as much as the ones who do, Its like a job you determine how many hours you decide to work. Only this job is fun!

OwenDaKid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on November 12th 2014, 6:18 pm

But then it's impossible for anyone else to get an unique...

... I'll try to think of something to reward casual players more, or something.

Back to top Go down

Post  OwenDaKid on November 12th 2014, 6:26 pm

Ablationer wrote:But then it's impossible for anyone else to get an unique...

... I'll try to think of something to reward casual players more, or something.

Casuals.. ppsstt were all hardcore gamers on the server. Maybe if you havent been on for a few days you get a starter pack or a booster pack or somthing like that containg like a few gems.

OwenDaKid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackamj on November 12th 2014, 10:14 pm

I agree with you Owen and I'm sure many other dedicated players do as well. The only problem I see with the nerfvember malarkey is losing all your modded guns in your inv. I know that sounds extremely selfish and it is but i'm sure nobody on the server wants to lose all their modded guns in their inventory. I, as well, find it to be a harsh way to nerf these guns. And who cares if people are unhappy with the way things are? There's enough of us to tell you that this server is one of the best even with some glitches and most of the people who complain like that are just crying and looking for attention.
Not trying to offend you bob just trying to support you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile on November 12th 2014, 10:41 pm

You shouldn't have to adapt to stupid.
Stupid as in "OOOMMMGGGG HOW DO U WIN AGINST BULLUT MIRRER!?!?" umm, elemental..? "BUT HUW DO U WIN ELEMENTUL???" Umm, hazmat?

If they don't care to learn how to be better at the game and decide to complain about something they are very ignorant about, then that's their problem, not ours.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OwenDaKid on November 12th 2014, 11:32 pm

RoboReptile wrote:You shouldn't have to adapt to stupid.
Stupid as in "OOOMMMGGGG HOW DO U WIN AGINST BULLUT MIRRER!?!?" umm, elemental..? "BUT HUW DO U WIN ELEMENTUL???" Umm, hazmat?

If they don't care to learn how to be better at the game and decide to complain about something they are very ignorant about, then that's their problem, not ours.

Maybe intel about 100 hours they should have a message pop up on the screen telling them how to counter common stuff, cause it can be hard learning.

OwenDaKid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy_ on November 13th 2014, 12:38 am

OwenDaKid wrote:
RoboReptile wrote:You shouldn't have to adapt to stupid.

Maybe intel about 100 hours they should have a message pop up on the screen telling them how to counter common stuff, cause it can be hard learning.

Like something similar to TF2? When you're loading into a TF2 server, it'll show simple tips for new players. Maybe while you're waiting to spawn it could show a couple?

Billy_

View user profile http://Burnie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Original RaptorJesus on November 13th 2014, 5:06 pm

Tips for countering certain perks, weapons, etc would actually be a great thing to have, as it allows players that are competent enough to learn how to counter certain things that may frustrate them. So it allows less "FUCK BULLET MIRROR FUK PUSSY SHIT" to be made in chat.

The Original RaptorJesus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on November 13th 2014, 7:56 pm

Well there's already a semi-tip as far as DR is concerned, but even then I've seen many people spam a shotgun non-stop on a sweeper and even though their chat was automatically getting filled with : "SWITCH TO A HIGHER CALIBER GUN YOU FUCKTARD" they didn't do anything about it and just complained that they were godded or something

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile on November 13th 2014, 8:02 pm

Ablationer wrote:their chat was automatically getting filled with : "SWITCH TO A HIGHER CALIBER GUN YOU FUCKTARD"

HAHAHA I DIED RIGHT THERE. That's what should be put in instead.

I've actually been reported to other staff because people have claimed I was godded.
Like one time this guy claimed I was godded when I had 11 DR and he was using a 5.56mm I believe. He tried to complain in admin chat to get me demoted and I said "Look in your chat when you shoot me" And he decided to lie and claim nothing appeared in his chat box.
Reminds me that I hate people who claim no message appears when they shoot the wrong people. Tells me they lie even when their in a sit.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top