A change in things would be nice... soon please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A change in things would be nice... soon please

Post  Zail on November 12th 2014, 11:17 pm

We all hate seeing old and new players leaving but I personally feel like a lot of the new stuff is pushing people away i've spoken with a few of the older players and they seem to take combat less and less serious more just about dicking around now and I have a feeling more of the older players will leave if something isn't done. When I first joined the server I personally loved how hard it was to get gems and even combat, this inspired me to try harder and stay for longer everyone seemed to take combat seriously now days I see that newer players are hand-fed and its easier on them, like they get the health buff and that's enough adding circulator is okayish I guess
Okay so, i’ve spoke with a few of the older players and from the sounds of it is that we would like things to go back to the old ways in some parts like some parts of combat or like compared to how easy it is to get gems and how much different combats getting, it was more skill based back in the day instead of all these things to help newer players and making it harder on older players to survive in combat yes I know people complain about guns a lot... A lot.... a lot... but you just gotta tell them no and that they should learn how to counter it I liked how you had to buy perks back in the day so people didn't just spawn with a jet pack or lifesaver as you've told me it makes it "Unfair to newer players" but we're paying for these perks so its fine(this will help out combat a lot(I believe it will help combat out a lot, less of a rush in things and dying harder to counter people yes but trust me it'll be better the people your countering wont always have these either)
For instance, Gem ores(maybe you could put these in a event or something?) you just got a few neutrals dicking around…  oh four free gems… or more.. sound good?? not really.
Also Uniques, as you can see many people have them they are getting them way too easily like we suspected to only see older players get them, yet server greeters with a week or two of being server greeter already got them, doesn’t seem really rare to me. what happened was with them a lot of people got them, and some of them are too lazy to make their own guns so they almost only use them when it comes down to combat which makes you nerf them because you see them using uniques nonstop on newer players
Hourly gems aren’t really necessary either, we use to have to get rid of a arm and a leg for just 3 of these now we wipe our butts with them
Zombie missions and random events, no doubt they are fun, but way way way Way.. too rewarding can get like 30-50 gems off one round of an event, people just jerk off for events whenever they see you bob or a superadmin, this isn't just to make everyone poorer this is also giving you a break from all the nagggggggggggging and when we get one it’ll make everyone twice as excited(or at least dramatically drop the rewards, maybe no rewards.)!! people these days are like, oh you’re on EVENT EVENT EVENT PLZ
Double gem maps.. not really necessary just means more gems
Circulator… well, its a good idea but imagine if a new player just throws that on life thats a shit ton of hp we don’t really need more gem rate, like lucky we don’t really need more
Some of us may want it easier but, its better for the long run that we don’t get gems easily, like the old days.
Reduce gem rate in general(like you did today), like its been increase a few times.
Relics, we know you haven’t touched them much yet but we don't think their really necessary, if ya want to do something like that make them super SUPER rare like 1/30th of circulator and not as strong as they are of course’
Another thing thats really annoying is Shrines, like your sniping or shoot at someone and a shrine appears right on you, can’t move and maybe not even shoot him depending on how it spawned on you, or like the death shrine.. you kill like 4 people and you run somewhere to heal or your in mid battle going for the fifth.. oh killed by a teammate
Yes I see what your getting at when you want to add something special like shrines, something in combat you can grab for a boost or something, and gem ores for something hidden to grab or rewarding people from events like yes its nice to get a treat every now and then but a bit too over fed turns someone into a greedy pig, relics, the idea is good yeah sweet a rare gun with special mods but too common Sad  Overall most of us just want gems to be less common.
About guns now, I think you should just nerf all base damages in general instead of trying to nerf single guns or mods at once
I would like for you all to post some comments on this saying the changes you want or what you agree or disagree with.. No posts that are like Waste of time or You’re just posting this because you’re rich and you want people to be poorer so you can be more ahead of them honestly I would probably prefer a clean slate for everyone and have all of this set to this way.
I understand this is requesting a lot to be changed, i'm not suspecting all of it to happen but i'm hoping some will I don't want to see people leave.
Zail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A change in things would be nice... soon please

Post  TheJackamj on November 12th 2014, 11:33 pm

Maybe what you said in the last paragraph is true. Maybe we all need like a huge clean slate. Either way I support you and was one of the main people you talked to.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy_ on November 13th 2014, 12:36 am

I support you completely on this. The main problem is the newer players, especially the ones that have been sticking around recently. They are here because they like the server for the way it is. Bob can't please everyone. If there was some sort of happy medium between what you said, and what there is now I'd be happy.

Billy_

View user profile http://Burnie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on November 13th 2014, 1:09 am

Zail you could have used the other thread instead of making a new one, half of the stuff you said was the said exact thing Owen said, sorta. And I think you're probably the first to have been dicking around with combat, making your guns "gay gun 1, 2, 3" and just seeing how broken you can make them? Come on.

The problem with most of this stuff is that it's there because otherwise what do you think happens? People complain that nothing is going on, there's nothing to do except fighting and maybe get some stuff, and then people who suck at fighting just get killed over and over and get nothing. It's easy for someone like you or Gundown or Angry or Pyron to fit in because of your skill level, but people like Tigroon or whoever else who have a more casual and less aggressive kind of playstyle really struggle to find something for them here, in fact that's probably one of the reasons why Tigroon doesn't come much anymore.

Ores, hourly gems, and double gem maps, were made especially so that people can more easily get gems and get on an even playing field, instead of having no resource to spend to fight with the big guys. Even relics were made so people could more easily get special guns. A semi-old but casual player told me he couldn't even afford to mod regular guns because everyone would constantly kill him with OP guns so he would never get a single gem. That's why it's so important to make gems accessible. But I do understand that it makes it that way for everyone else as well. Too much so? Probably.
I know it's not going to appeal to you because you're already rich enough as it is, but for someone who has nothing, it's like pity money, if they don't have that, they starve and ragequit. That's also why I put in the circulator.

It's very hard in fact impossible to find a compromise where new players don't get discouraged and get rewarded even for trying at least a bit while older and pro players don't just drown in money and gems.

Oh, and shrines are dick, but that's mainly because of the way they spawn. It'd be tricky as hell to make them spawn randomly while also keeping in check the location so that it's somewhere accessible at all times. It only really fucks you over if you camp, which in a way is kinda good, you should never camp. But maybe I'll change the way death shrines work.

People will leave and join no matter what. I've been told by another player that he used to know a lot of people on his list who played here but they all left because of how everyone had a shit ton of guns that could kill them way too easily while they couldn't do anything. So I lose players if I don't do something about it, and I lose players if I DO do something about it, fun right?

View user profile http://bobszrp.idfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zail on November 13th 2014, 7:09 am

No, I started dicking around two days ago if you give this post time you will see that majority of the older players support most of this, I see most of the older players caring less and less as the newer stuff comes in aka shrines and stuff.
" know it's not going to appeal to you because you're already rich enough as it is, but for someone who has nothing, it's like pity money, if they don't have that, they starve and ragequit. That's also why I put in the circulator" is why i suggested a clean slate for everyone, lots of people have too much as it is, I understand a clean slates not going to go down easy because of pumpkins and black diamonds and a few will rage from just losing everything.
People will leave and join no matter what, but the thing is to keep them for longer.
I see that you mention us being too good a lot and killing everyone without a problem, what i'm suggesting with the perks and the damage scaling will make it harder for us to kill them as fast
I'm not attacking you, just requesting we try to reverse a bit from where we are.
Zail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on November 13th 2014, 12:16 pm

Clean slate would cause even more drama, so no.

Making counters better isn't gonna work either, because people who die a lot don't know about them.

The most I can do is make shrines and stuff a lot more rare, which I'm currently doing.

Back to top Go down

Post  The Original RaptorJesus on November 13th 2014, 5:24 pm

Combat last year used to be a lot more balanced than it is now, jetpacks had to be bought from antiquarian so a lot of people preferred to stay on the ground straight up fighting each other. Uniques were not used, (Were uniques introduced this year?) so veteran players and new players could fight each other with cheap guns or modded guns, but weren't too op as I remember. So combat was really balanced before I stopped playing on the server for like 3 months. Afterwards, uniques, curators, etc started to get on my nerves since they were kind of op. So a nerf on those was good.
However a new clean state for everyone may end up having half the regular players that play on bob's rage quit, if they spend time trying to get gems, good guns, and others, and end up having to build that up again. It's like an impressive sand castle(Inventory of gems, guns, bp, money, etc). The person who builds it may dedicate more time to the beach (which is like bob's server). Than some rough waves come up and basically drown it(Clean slates for everyone), having that person who built it up, having to build it again. It could be likely that person is going to quit, and not come back to build it. They may try again, but after a long time. I dunno, it's just a comparison I made up.

The Original RaptorJesus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile on November 13th 2014, 6:08 pm

Raptor, the reason why you don't buy perks from antiquarian anymore is because...hmm...Let me put it this way;

Would you rather have it be fair for all types of players (especially new players) and more fun to be able to use 99% of the server's content by selecting a custom loadout of your choice or would you rather grind and grind for perks and items and such as the new people leave because they can't get anything as they just get shot down over and over again?

If things went back to the way they were, there would be nothing to work for. Nothing to accomplish. It would be just plain TDM with a few guns that people use.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on November 13th 2014, 7:53 pm

One other big reason for the perk was the reacquiring of them. Having to buy a new accessory each time you die considering how often you would die ended up being annoying as fuck. And since you can only ever use 1 at a time, it's less trouble to make people just pick one from a menu than having to force them to be unable to pick more than one (remember the Hey Hacker! *boom* glitch? yeah...)

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile on November 13th 2014, 8:05 pm

That too.

I think everything is fine where it's at.

But that...that zombie hit range...y...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top