DerpySaltine's Operator Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DerpySaltine's Operator Application

Post  Derpy Saltine on January 5th 2015, 7:23 pm

Position Requested: Operator

First Name: Jacob

Your Age: 13

How long have you been on the server: 300 Hours

Why do you think you qualify?: This server has been one of the best gaming experiences of my life! I enjoy playing on it every time I can. The people are so kind and friendly, it definitely tops other servers in most everything! I would be grateful to be apart of that, to be able to make the experience i have had so far an experience that others can have too! I have experience, I used to be admin on very popular RP Servers and I currently used to own a server with a few friends, and know how to deal fairly with players. I know helping players will not only make the player feel good, but also me , aswell as know the rules well and can prove it ingame!

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:31810116

(EXTRA) More information: You DONT HAVE TO READ, But there is an extra section so im going to put extra.

Country of Residence: United States , Texas
Languages I can 'meet & greet' in: English, Spanish
Languages I am fluent in: English
Timezone : Central Standerd time. (I have school so i get on as much as I can.)

My (written) English on a scale of 1-10: 9

My Date of Birth: 4/18/01
Current Education (if applicable): Online School 8th Grade

Do you have a microphone? Yes, Used Often

Describe yourself & your personality:
If I were to describe myself, I would use the words honest, positive, and devoted.
If your looking for a unique person who wont give up on you, an unconventional worker who knows how to really help and communicate, i would consider myself just that. I live a happy, independent life and want others to have that life too. With school and one of my parents loosing their jobs it affects me and others in my family and i appreciate the help and care of this wonderful community that gets me by.

Section 2: Experience Profile
This section tells you about my experience with communities.

Communities I have administrated/moderated in the past:
I used to be an administrator on a dark rp server named "Urban Gamers" and ran a few servers in the past,
one i made and one my friend and I ran together.

How long I have played Garry's Mod: Currently 3,829 Hours On Record.
How long I have played a Gmod Gamemode, such as DarkRP, TDM RP, PERP, etc.(approximately): I started playing on a dark rp server my friends showed me, and haven't played much of anything besides RP sence.
How long I can play the server for per week (approximately): Aprox 35-40 Hours a week including the weekend.
How long I pledge to play as 'Operator' for per week (approximately):
I will go on duty every chance i get, but if there are lets say a few OD's online already i would RP/Fight.

Section 3: Relationship with Users
This section tells you about how I will communicate with other users and present myself in the public.

Why is it important to give respect to our patrons, even if they don't respect you? :
Just respecting and forgiving a person is a certain part of life you need to understand and learn.
No matter who everyone deserves at least a small amount of respect, who knows maybe they are just having a bad day,
maybe some dude was annoying them or they just got rdm'd and that's why they called you, you just have to be the person you want to be
and think before you act and understand that they are a person too.

Why is it important to use correct grammar in the public? :
Using correct grammar can endure a professional outlook on the community and how a person is seen.
It can be polite as well as make you more look and become a more intelligent person.
If you type incorrectly it can make it hard for players to understand what you are saying or asking
in what could be an important situation.

In a democratic environment, why is it important to respect everyone's opinion? :
In an important situation or any situation everyone's opinion counts. If you cannot care enough for everyone's
opinion and feeling about the situation you are basically saying " I don't care what you think" witch can
be inhumane and undermining the term Democratic. It's the right thing to do.

How will I aim to maintain professionalism everywhere?
Maintaining and presenting myself in a calm helpful matter can
be a good way to keep others calm and maintain professionalism.
As well as using correct grammar and spelling.

Section 4: My Past : A Few small infractions, a long time ago.

Section 5: My knowledge of the rules
This section explains the TDM rules.

What is RDM? Give an example.
If i walk up to any player and go "Hello! (Shoots in face)" That would be rdm,
RDM (Random Death Match) Killing Someone For NO Reason Or Not a Good Reason According To The Rules.

What is prop abuse?
Prop Abuse is if you were to take a prop and shove someone or block them in so they cant move that would be prop abuse.
There are many types of prop abuse such as Prop Push, Prop Climb, Prop Surf, and Prop Block.

Why would I be unique in what I do? :
What makes me unique in what i would do?
I will always consider both sides of an argument before action and i will never take the easy way out of a situation.
Almost every person on earth has a goal, or a vision, or at least a hope to achieve something.
Their dreams may be big or small, for short run or long run, for themselves or their family, but their dreams exist.
I too have cultivating an ambition within the bounds of my eyes and the eyes of the community, a passion to help
other people and the community. That is why i believe i am a unique passionate in what I do.

Why the community would appreciate & trust me in this role:
I am a outgoing, happy person, i want to help people as much as i can.
I am a fair person who is very friendly and cooperative. I have experienced allot of RP situations before as the RPer and
the staff OD dealing with the situation. If a player were to have a problem and i were to come to help i know i wouldn't
leave there problem untouched.

Any other comments, etc:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Scenarios ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Someone is threatening to attack the server - I would either get a higher rank to deal with him, or if no higher rank was able to, I would permaban that person for DDOS threats.

2. Someone said in OOC that he was RDM'd - I would goto him and listen to both sides of the story, then i would check the DMG logs to see if it was RDM.

3. Someone has prop blocked spawn - I would kick him for propblock, If he came back and continued to , i would ban for a reasonable ammount of time.

4. Someone said "Bob" is hacking - I would spectate Bob to see if he was hacking, if he was i would permaban him for it.

5. Someone is spamming racist insults in OOC? - I would tell him to stop doing it, if he doesnt i would mute him for 5 minutes, and if he doesnt stop after that i would just keep him muted.

6. Someone is disrespecting you? - If It was verbal abuse , I would ask them to stop, if they didnt i would gag them they have learned their lesson.

7. Someone complains in OOC that someone has propblocked, when you get there, the props are no longer there. - I would ask the player who propblocked, but since it was no longer there i couldn't do anything but i will keep an eye out for the propblocker. I would then inform the player to use "@ (Message)" to call an admin next time.

8. Someone screams in OOC "omg worst server ever" - I would tell him that he is free to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Thank You For Taking The Time To Read My Staff Application! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Derpy Saltine on January 5th 2015, 11:47 pm; edited 5 times in total

Derpy Saltine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DerpySaltine's Operator Application

Post  RoboReptile on January 5th 2015, 8:34 pm

Err. Glad you took the time to put a lot on your app but not everyone is willing to read that much.
It's why there's formats to quickly give a few unique and neat things about you. Not the story of your life.

My question though is: What's your timezone? And when do you get on?

Again this is an application for some community you want to pretty much volunteer in helping out. Not like you're applying for CEO at Nikeā„¢. We like apps short and sweet (or short and simple).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

-Support

Post  neonJason on January 5th 2015, 9:15 pm

Your not even a server greeter. You also seem to be either mic spamming or yelling whenever I see you playing. You don't seem to know the rules and this app format just bothers me, a lot.
neonJason

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derpy Saltine on January 5th 2015, 11:34 pm

My Timezone Is Central Standered Time I try to get on as much as i can but i do have school.
Also i haven't mic spammed at all i don't think ever on this server, maybe ur thinking of the wrong person idk, but thanks for leaving your replies. Laughing
I fixed The app layout to the new one, i was looking at the old TDM website when i made it, srry bout that.

Derpy Saltine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile on January 6th 2015, 12:26 am

Weird, I just don't remember seeing you on.

I'll stay neutral. I have no reason to not support you or to support you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dexon on January 6th 2015, 2:53 am

Mhm.

http://www.calamariland.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/16426336/id/8823433-new-staff-application-thread
Can you not ... use other forums stuff.

Also, Operators can't ban. Should change your scenes section.

P.S.: Just to link it, http://bob.dexontech.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=14

dexon
Admin

View user profile http://dexontech.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dongs on January 6th 2015, 8:30 am

You help a lot and I've seen you on constantly, however you're are not an SG nor many of the staff know you.
I am -NEUTRAL+ with you, leaning towards support but you need to prove yourself and go through SG first and also study the motd so you know the rules.

Dongs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zail on January 6th 2015, 8:27 pm

Whooooooooo, are you?
you are not a greeter anyhow, become a greeter first before operator. No
Zail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on January 7th 2015, 4:22 am

dexon wrote:Mhm.

http://www.calamariland.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/16426336/id/8823433-new-staff-application-thread
Can you not ... use other forums stuff.

Also, Operators can't ban. Should change your scenes section.

P.S.: Just to link it, http://bob.dexontech.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=14
Dammit dexon, why didn't anybody tell me we had new forums?

Also I'm just gonna go ahead and lock this as this person inst even sg

APPLICATION DENIED
You have to become and SG first
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top