An idea for a Tax system

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An idea for a Tax system

Post  Mister Fantastic Fox on July 6th 2013, 1:09 pm

You know I believe this issue has been adressed before but I believe we need to adress it again. The Money
People have WAY too much fucking money in their pockets, and it's honestly becoming useless for a system for money anyways- litteraly being a gun dealer I've have like 4 people walk up to me every like hour, too many people have weapons in their invintorys, but you know why? Because admins keep giving the damned things out, It'd be much better if we were a bit more strict on weapon give outs. And keep admin weapons to admins only. Since apparntly admins have been giving weapons out to other people Neutral 

I believe that we should halt gun give outs, as well as maybe not taking away everyones money, but instead making an all out tax system. Meaning maybe on the amount of places you own you get a 8% Deduction every time your salery comes in, or just all out 8% Deduction every 10 minuites. making sure we don't have a bunch of rich fuck tards just for some reason hoarding money, and litteraly asked just a few minuites ago. "Does anyone even use their money?" By me, only for mostly people to go "No." So whats the point? Its worthless to have a gun dealer or a actualy merchant with people having TONS of weapons in the first place, not saying it's wrong but its basicly given out to them. I'd like it so that you have to WORK to get your money, it makes things intresting and also better for merchants and buyable products to actually produce a profit.I'm almost hitting 1 million and I don't even know what to do with it. It's earned too fast, with such an awesome weapon selection. Prices may be up for those guns but if we're going to keep this much money- then weapons should be even MORE expensive, since apparntly everyone is rich. I'm just throwing my own two cents out there due to the fact that things have gbeen getting to an extreme with this money system. And in most cases boring as hell.
Thanks for reading this and please give your own opinion, and honestly, don't put a stupid answer saying
"BUT WE LIKE OUR MONEYSSSSSSS!" Because honestly, you don't do shit with it :U
Mister Fantastic Fox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An idea for a Tax system

Post  Protector on July 6th 2013, 1:13 pm

yea your right on that part fox we need to stop doing that i with fox with this one

Mister Fantastic Fox wrote:You know I believe this issue has been adressed before but I believe we need to adress it again. The Money
People have WAY too much fucking money in their pockets, and it's honestly becoming useless for a system for money anyways- litteraly being a gun dealer I've have like 4 people walk up to me every like hour, too many people have weapons in their invintorys, but you know why? Because admins keep giving the damned things out, It'd be much better if we were a bit more strict on weapon give outs. And keep admin weapons to admins only. Since apparntly admins have been giving weapons out to other people Neutral 

I believe that we should halt gun give outs, as well as maybe not taking away everyones money, but instead making an all out tax system. Meaning maybe on the amount of places you own you get a 8% Deduction every time your salery comes in, or just all out 8% Deduction every 10 minuites. making sure we don't have a bunch of rich fuck tards just for some reason hoarding money, and litteraly asked just a few minuites ago. "Does anyone even use their money?" By me, only for mostly people to go "No." So whats the point? Its worthless to have a gun dealer or a actualy merchant with people having TONS of weapons in the first place, not saying it's wrong but its basicly given out to them. I'd like it so that you have to WORK to get your money, it makes things intresting and also better for merchants and buyable products to actually produce a profit.I'm almost hitting 1 million and I don't even know what to do with it. It's earned too fast, with such an awesome weapon selection. Prices may be up for those guns but if we're going to keep this much money- then weapons should be even MORE expensive, since apparntly everyone is rich. I'm just throwing my own two cents out there due to the fact that things have gbeen getting to an extreme with this money system. And in most cases boring as hell.
Thanks for reading this and please give your own opinion, and honestly, don't put a stupid answer saying
"BUT WE LIKE OUR MONEYSSSSSSS!" Because honestly, you don't do shit with it :U
Protector

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on July 8th 2013, 2:31 am

Okay, I hope all of you are paying attention to what I'm about to tell you, because this has been a major issue for as long as I can remember, and it's the very center of the problem, and hell, of most problems, really:

People. Are. Fucking. Dumb.

See, what happens is that, when a new player joins, he doesn't have anything to start with. No guns, no access to better jobs with better starter guns, and certainly no money to go and buy better guns.
Now, the reason it's so easy to make money is exactly because the tier of your gun shouldn't matter as much as your actual skill as a player. As in: Sure, everyone can afford a Vaporizer, but can they really use it effectively?

This isn't about making money or trying to become the richest person on the server. It's about exploring, testing guns, finding a combination of class/gun/playstyle that you really like and just doing what you would do if you didn't need money to begin with... But you still need money to regulate the amount of crazy shit the people buy for themselves. Sure, you could spend all your money on BFGs, but honestly, how many could you buy before you run out of your million dollars? About 2-3 shipments.

Now, if you think that's boring, and you want more of a money-related challenge, fine, I'm open to ideas. But I want you to consider the fact that we STILL need to make it easy for the newcomers to get some cash and guns so that they don't have to get steamrolled over and over and over and end up ragequitting the server before they even had a chance to get past the shitty recruit with a glock.

And here's another problem: Cheap Guns.

Cheap guns were there so that people aren't entirely defenseless when they spawn and if they don't want to be assed to go buy a gun each time, they could just go and shoot people with their cheap gun.
Now here's the problem: People complained that those guns were fucking crappy and useless, so I had to make them slightly better. Oh but wait, now what? People don't need to buy any damn thing. That's right.

Even before the easy-money gun-giving mess, people STILL didn't bother going to a gun dealer because they could just use their cheap gun to get around anyway. And then they'd get killed by people who bought non-shitty guns. AND COMPLAIN BECAUSE THEY HAD OVERPOWERED GUNS.

So see, this is the whole problem, either you make really shitty starter guns so people HAVE to go buy a better gun, and then they complain because their gun sucks instead of going to a gun dealer, which ruins the purpose of doing this.
Or you make them at least somewhat usable, and make gun dealers even more useless except for people who have a brain.

Oh and most people just go gun dealer to buy their own guns anyway then switch back to their job. And don't even bother bringing in the self-supply rule bullshit. There's no way to make that applicable without watching every single gun dealer every minute of every day like a stupid asshole.

P.S: Both of you are admins, so of course you don't need money, you spawn yourself guns, duh.
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

View user profile http://bobszrp.idfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoober on July 8th 2013, 8:12 pm

Feeling like you have alot of money is what keeps some people coming back.
Zoober

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hxETFdQ6QY

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on July 8th 2013, 8:22 pm

Well, I do have an idea, but I'm not sure people are gonna like it.

Making it so when you die, you drop like 5% of your wallet on the ground. So killing rich assholes would have a better payoff, yet the poor guys still wouldn't lose too much money.

I dunno. We'll see.
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoober on July 8th 2013, 8:28 pm

I think that'll work good.
Zoober

Back to top Go down

RE: Tax System

Post  Brother Lemarties on July 8th 2013, 8:41 pm

I have to agree with Bob. But instead of dropping 5 percent i think you should do it based on idk time on server or, level, or something. Like if you are level 5 instead of dropping the money, like the person that kills you gets 500 dollars or something and the person who died loses 500 dollars. Idk just a thought. If not i agree with bob.
Brother Lemarties

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on July 8th 2013, 8:55 pm

The problem is the level doesn't have anything to do with your money.

Sure you can say people who are high level usually would have more money, but that's not ALWAYS related.

While if you just use a % of their wallet, it'll always be related
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

RE:

Post  Mister Fantastic Fox on July 9th 2013, 9:34 am

I believe that'd be a good idea, a drop-money-death-system would seem a little appropriate, though would it be better if it dropped or was actually given to the person? Just curious
Mister Fantastic Fox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoober on July 9th 2013, 2:59 pm

People would end up getting pissed off about people stealing money, and a sniper up on a roof or something wouldnt be able to collect for his kill, the faster classes also might snatch the money from say a big cheese. So it might be better to just be given straight to the person.
Zoober

Back to top Go down

Post  blazing banana on July 9th 2013, 3:43 pm

the not worrying about money was something special about this server and exept from the awesome community and weaponary to only thing that would make me come back. i mean the money isn't a big deal its just losing the money by getting shot cause you werent paying attention for a while just sucks ass also killing someone rich by shooting them in the back doesn't feel right its not working for money annymore its just loosing less cause you have less money so yeah. just the feeling of you killing someone 10 times and getting 1k in total and then you get shot and loose like 5k just doesnt feel right you put in the same effort as your enemie so that would only make sense that the reward for killing would be the same but yeah wat gives im apparantly the only one that seems to have a problem with this so does this realy matter i mean the changes have already been made sucks that i spent about 5 days in game time on the server playing and makin money in smart ways just to now loose like half of it No 
blazing banana
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on July 10th 2013, 4:13 am

If you think not worrying about money is awesome then why are you making such a big deal out of this? You don't even need it. You never buy anything. You don't get a medal for having the most money on the server.

I said it several times, and I'll say it again:
If you've reached one million dollars, you're doing it wrong.
The point of money is to spend it, buy guns and food and shit. Not just sit there with your thumbs up your ass while going around with cheap guns then whine because the guy who shot you had the brains to buy a gun instead of using the crappy starter ones. And then people complain that Pyron is OP. Duh. Yeah, having brains is OP as hell.

The whole logic behind that is that to be rich you not only need to ... Well, be rich. But also be good at the game. If you just collect money the easy way with printers and whatever the hell but you still suck at shooting people and you keep getting killed, that's kinda what you have to work on. Poor people who are good at shooting will get richer. Rich people who suck at shooting will get poorer. This is precisely what I'm trying to do.

Also you still make a base amount of money for killing regardless of the money the other person drops anyway, so there's always a gain.

Even if you kill a noob and he only drops 50$, you still get the base 200$ on top of whatever else money you can make for scoring a headshot, combo, domination, level-up, etc. (Yes you make money for lvling up now) And the most money you can possibly lose is something like 2.5k if you have 1 mill in your wallet. Big fucking deal.

The only way you can lose a shit ton of money is if you're a rich fuck who sucks at the game and keeps getting killed. And yes, this is EXACTLY the people I'm targeting with this system. People who do nothing all day but sit with printers and stay a neutral or zombie job all the time without ever contributing to the team-play aspect of the server.

I've had several complaints of people trying to play the server like it was intended to be played, only to have a bunch of random-ass jobs in the way just being annoying and not contributing to anything. And I kinda have to agree. That's why I limited the amount of zombies and headcrabs and birds by a small fraction of what it was to begin with.

Those jobs are just made to dick around, but they're not made to be fair and balanced for the person playing them. Yes everyone can kill zombies but they can't kill unarmed civies. Yes they can't make money but they lose money on death. And you know why? Because they're fucking assholes and everyone hates them. But then you get to jump around like a mofo and whatnot with these jobs, so there's the fun of it. But with the number of RDMers and shitheads that are zombies, it's necessary to make it as tedious as possible for the zombies. Remember, this isn't Survivors VS Zombies, it's Cops VS Crims with a pinch of annoying zombies thrown in it for the hell of it, so don't expect them to have any sort of fair treatment.

P.S. I also made that bankers don't lose any money when dying from another player, yes even criminals. (They can still lose money if they're dumb and AFK next to a printer that might explode them)
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  blazing banana on July 10th 2013, 10:18 am

Ablationer wrote:P.S. I also made that bankers don't lose any money when dying from another player, yes even criminals. (They can still lose money if they're dumb and AFK next to a printer that might explode them)
i have seen that happen and laughed my ass of about 2 days ago his name was dubstep kitty or something
blazing banana
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top