Idea for guns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Idea for guns

Post  dexon on October 16th 2013, 8:48 pm

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1032378

I just found this and it looks rly good. If so bob you would like, I could help you editing the guns model to make them nicer.
We can take props model and place them on the gun and editing color/material of it. Looks fun.

(P.S. : wants a facepunch account ? pm me your mail, i'll send you an invitation so you'll be enable to register)

bounce bounce bounce 
dexon
Admin

View user profile http://dexontech.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Idea for guns

Post  Ablationer on October 17th 2013, 3:05 am

oh yeah I remember this

it's neat but it works like shit and you can't merge that with the mad cows or any other already made sweps

but I was looking to maybe put props manually on top of guns, gonna be a while before I get around to it though
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

View user profile http://bobszrp.idfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexon on October 17th 2013, 10:40 am

lol ok
dexon
Admin

View user profile http://dexontech.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BFG on October 19th 2013, 2:36 am

Hey Bob I remember talking to you about this earlier on the server and wanted to bring it up again.

SWEP Construction Kit works quite well with Mad Cow (Don't know about RealCSS but I doubt any problems would be caused by it)
If you want evidence I can show you several examples as well as one of my own.

You also stated that you heavily modified Mad Cow and RealCSS, but I doubt that this would cause any problems either because SWEP Construction kit doesn't use any stock functions besides Initialize(), Holster(), and one other one that isn't used in that many SWEPs. What I suspect happened is that you simply pasted in the SCK base code without changing the Initialize() Function as Worshipper uses this exact same function for his weapon bases (as do many other advanced weapon bases).

If so, the solution is simple: Simply go into the SCK code you pasted into the SWEP base, rename SWEP:Initialize() to something like SWEP:SCKInitialize() and have this called in the main Initialize() function. This should solve all problems I am aware of with using SCK in Mad Cow (And probably RealCSS for that matter)

(Unless you already tried that????? I'm being honest here when I say I'm confident that that is the problem)

EDIT
Mandatory Dickwave:

Spoiler:

This is an example of SCK being used with Mad Cow; the HL2 Beta Sniper Rifle didn't have a rigged worldmodel so I ended up using SCK to solve this problem.

As you can see I have great faith in SCK's benefits.

BFG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on October 19th 2013, 3:10 am

First of all don't put a billion large images in a single post please.

Second, I already told you I was going to proceed differently. If anything I'll just take snippets from the code used for it and use it for the base.

I appreciate you wanting to help, but you have to understand that right now putting a bunch of little things on top of the guns is pretty low on my list of priorities.

I'll get around to it if I ever have time for it, but right now there's already a ton of shit that I have to take care of as it is, so that'll have to wait.
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  BFG on October 19th 2013, 3:16 am

Ablationer wrote:First of all don't put a billion large images in a single post please.

Second, I already told you I was going to proceed differently. If anything I'll just take snippets from the code used for it and use it for the base.

I appreciate you wanting to help, but you have to understand that right now putting a bunch of little things on top of the guns is pretty low on my list of priorities.

I'll get around to it if I ever have time for it, but right now there's already a ton of shit that I have to take care of as it is, so that'll have to wait.
shit sorry about the image spam; forgot to thumbnail them

sorry that I came off as if I were saying you should do it "NOWNOWNOW"; I assure you this is not my intent. it's just that I heard you say you wanted to do this the manual way, which I feel is too tedious to be worth it. SCK provides a standardized system on which designs can painlessly be produced–much better than simply doing trial-by-error entering vector values for each individual prop for each weapon.
Basically all I'm saying is that it's better to just fix it once and get it over with than have to do it manually for each weapon that this would be used for.

BFG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on October 19th 2013, 3:31 am

The thing is that I'd have to do that for each weapon anyway because each weapon has its own individual functions that differ from the base. And I'm already adjusting the vectors for things like the running offsets and angles, iron sights offsets and angles, and projectiles for projectile based weapons.

Each weapon that would have a prop on it anyway, as in, a non-regular weapon. The normal base guns would just be left like that.

At the very most, even if I got this thing to work, I would probably only put like 2-3 props on 2-3 guns at the very most, not to make every single gun have a bunch of shit on it, so in the end it'd take just as long either way.

I'll try to make this as clear as I can: I'm not interested in SCK, period.
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  BFG on October 19th 2013, 3:36 am

Ablationer wrote:The thing is that I'd have to do that for each weapon anyway because each weapon has its own individual functions that differ from the base. And I'm already adjusting the vectors for things like the running offsets and angles, iron sights offsets and angles, and projectiles for projectile based weapons.

Each weapon that would have a prop on it anyway, as in, a non-regular weapon. The normal base guns would just be left like that.

At the very most, even if I got this thing to work, I would probably only put like 2-3 props on 2-3 guns at the very most, not to make every single gun have a bunch of shit on it, so in the end it'd take just as long either way.

I'll try to make this as clear as I can: I'm not interested in SCK, period.
Alright then; thanks for clearing it up.

BFG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top