I love bob and his server

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I love bob and his server

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on December 5th 2013, 4:46 pm

I've been thinking of making a thread like this sometime so why not now I have currently got almost 400 hours on the server. I first started by trying to join two of my friends Settwi and Buisness Broseph who were playing at the time who I knew IRL, my friend Krham joined with me. This was also my first time ever on a DarkRP Server. As soon as we spawned in there he was Bob, standing there and he asked us we needed an introduction to the server of course we said yes and me being new to DarkRP he explained while he was the big cheese and a cop keep coming in and shooting him with a rocket launcher, after that me and Krham became gangsters and decided to try to kill Settwi and Buisness Broseph seeing as they were Marines, I never go the chance though Settwi killed me once later on they both left, me and Krham stayed and keept playin for many a days, we would show off how one had more bo than the other. A long while later we met Connor just a bird flying around we had fun and became friends. As days went on playing on Bob's I met more and more awesome people, Blazing Banana was the first but it wasn't exactly the best of introductions, I was fucking around with a BFG black edition being kind of a dick I shot it up in the air it hit a something and bounced back and killed me and many others, then blazin came up picked it up and said "Your not fucking getting this back." He was real pissed at me so I decided to calm down and stop fucking around as much as that.  Another long while later Krham left in favour of the DarkRP server where Connor was an admin, later Krham became an admin there too. I join them some time later but there just wasn't the same fun, exciting gamplay as on Bob's, so I left them infavor of Bob's server, this I fell was a good choice. Later on I met one of my favorite people on the server Hewbiee at the time I saw him he was an admin who was very kind and liked to fuck around and make people laugh, we talked a lot and became friends, after a while bob took me aside and asked me if I wanted to greet newcomers and I said yeah why not so he made me aserver greeter, looking back I probably wasn't ready for it as I abused the teleporting to all hell, teleporting all over the place, eventually someone took me aside and said I can't abuse that shit because its made to teleport to newcomers not to whoever the fuck I wanted, so I stopped abusing the teleport like every 5 seconds and decided just to play the damn game normally, it was a lot of fun. Manyhours on the server later I decided to apply for operator, I was just typing up when my sister came and I asked her if she thought my app was good, when she saw what a mess it was she helped me structure my app and really improved it a lot, then I posted it. The first response was from bob not long after I posted it he said maybe but that there were already a shit load of other ops, the next was someone saying it was the most well put together app. All of this made me very happy, some more support was posted, later on for some reason bob keep saying one thing to be and everytime he said it it made me so happy all he said was "I love you" that's all but with how everything goes with me I hardly have any fried a whatsoever so someone saying that meant a lot to me. Many hours more on the server and I had finally gotten 200hours on the server I walked around and saw Mother Ducks standing next to bob he was now an operator, he told me how bob said he had to go take a shit and decided to make him an op, I wanted to ask him if I could become an but since he was AFK I just talked about it to ducks, later I was in the middle of greeting some guy and BAM bob made me an operator, I just sorta spazed out and went a bit crazy went to bob and told him that I loved him :3 and then I went back to continue my teachings. Many other events have happen more recently like me deciding to just randomly stream, the old videos are still saved on my twitch account I think but not of this one but of the one session after, then tart came up to me and wanted to be moderator so I said why not. Then Casdin came to me and just joked around a bit, later my computer crashed, around this time I was having a lot of computer crashing problems but they have been fixed a while ago, I restarted the stream and continued later crashed again. Nothing much worth really putting here happened from then until now, except for what happend with bobs first teamspeak experience which was not quite what we hoped. The real next thing is me trying to become admin which I have been getting ready for I have been trying to stop all bullshiting and fucking around as soon as I am required for server duties like RDM, propblock, proppushing, mingling and other things its been going quite well I think.

All that this has really been leading up to is this one thing I want to say this server is possibly one of the best things that could have happened to me so many nice, friendly, funny people. Most people I know IRL are complete assholes so I am very glad I found this server I want to say  that I love all the people on it Hewbiee, Bob, Mister fox, Banana, Lemarties, Casadin, Niz, Vital, Reivalix, and many more all of you guys are awesome and really do make this server as awesome as it is today. I know this is very long and a lot of people won't read through it but I just have a feeling I need to share this.

As I feel this is necessary with somthing of this caliber I will sign this off by saying:
"A comunity is formed and shaped by the people that reside within it." - Daan
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I love bob and his server

Post  OldRavensFan on December 5th 2013, 6:01 pm

Yeah, long post indeed. ^^;

I have about 250h now, so I guess it's time to look back.

I was browsing through the lists of Dark RP servers and this one had a good ping and active players, so I joined.
...Wait, this wasn't a normal RP server...
People were controlling points, actually HAD guns...this was actual COMBAT!

I dicked around for about 40h, learning the layout, grabbing guns off the street, dying as a cop, trying to save money, pissing off a few people while learning the *ahem* etiquette. It was fun, and a really easy way to earn cash by cappin the points; I saved all the cool looking guns I found. I became attached to the PAPOP Acid-Thrower. It had great damage output, but short range which was ok for zombie events.

I met Bob a couple times and was amazed that the owner/coder was actually ON and PLAYING instead of just screwing with people with Admin powers like [most] other servers did. I played on the odd hours and met some cool people, and some dicks. Johnny was one of the first ones that helped me out in my "events'.

By "events", I meant voices. I started off by switching my name to "Savor Of Hummens" In honor of Half-Life: Full Life Consequences. With the zombie hunter I would change my name to "Old Phil" and wheeze about the sad state of affairs, spray bullets out of paranoid fear, and let zombies walk by due to bad eyesight. Another famous one was switching to a Fast Zombie and changing my job name to "Zombie Missionary" and chasing down cops and/or criminals asking about if they wanted "to hear the good news about Zombie Jesus; please, sir, sir? Sir! It'll just be a few minutes of your time sir, I just want to talk to you about His Message!" and talking about the Goodness of Zombie Jesus ["He died, and after 3 days rose again, as a zombie. His message of peace and love is easily spread; all He asks for is Your Brains; He will Come Again to spread His Message"] as well as celebrating whenever the giant Antlion was summoned ["Yes! Zombie Jesus has returned! Oh Lord, He has come to cleanse the unworthy!].

I remember Bob switching me over to Server Greeter late one night because he saw me helping out noobs who didn't understand stuff on the server. As of now, I think I've helped at least two dozen noobs to the server (although I have no idea how many have stayed). It's nice to have someone explain the ins and outs to ya, especially now that they all get a gift package to play with upon first arriving. It helps to keep them coming back.

As of now, I am an Operator. I try to be a bit lenient towards people as I myself did some things I thought were OK when I got my first 40 hours under my belt. I don't like using my powers to bring people around, but I will occasionally bring someone [to a spot where they wont get insta killed] if they're stuck in a prop or something. I've tried almost all the guns and like .45 SMG for its all-around applications [and the fact that they eat the same ammo as the basic SAWs do that the armored classes drop]. I spent the $20 on the acid SMG to show my support for Bob. I love his server because it's a war server with RP applications, [basic] guns are plentiful, the upgrading system is fun, ruby guns are great [gotta fix some recipes (coding), Bob] and trolls are handled quickly as informing others of what they can't do is enforced.

I love this server, and hope I can continue to watch it in the wee hours. Shout-outs to Johnny for helping me in my skits/plans as well as helping him in his, Walkthrough, TART, Pyron for being such an annoyingly good Z-Berserker with a sniper rifle, Hewbie for his voices, Creeping Jebus for helping spread the word of Zombie Jesus, and all the other regulars I see on late at night. And of course, BOB. Great server, dood.
OldRavensFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile on December 5th 2013, 7:05 pm

wtf
RoboReptile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum21 on December 5th 2013, 7:29 pm

Magnum21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on December 6th 2013, 12:47 am

Lol :3
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on December 6th 2013, 6:19 am

I don't remember much of your arrival walk but i love you

Savor I remember we were on Mojave and I was testing the mounted gun and you kept just walking around while I kept going AFK to code and I was coming back and thought your name was really dumb and at first I expected you to be some kind of annoying 12 years old, but then you've showed me not to judge someone by their name, even if it's really dumb
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

View user profile http://bobszrp.idfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on December 6th 2013, 6:26 am

Ablationer wrote:I don't remember much of your arrival walk but i love you

Savor I remember we were on Mojave and I was testing the mounted gun and you kept just walking around while I kept going AFK to code and I was coming back and thought your name was really dumb and at first I expected you to be some kind of annoying 12 years old, but then you've showed me not to judge someone by their name, even if it's really dumb
I remember my arrival very well idk who was shooting you but it was defiantly a marine and you kept trying to pus him away. Back in the good old days when you still greeted people.
Krhman left because he wanted a server where he had power I stayed because I wanted a fun server and because I love you bob :3
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile on December 6th 2013, 10:55 am

I can't really remember my first arrival...Hmmmm...
RoboReptile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum21 on December 6th 2013, 12:25 pm

Neither do I, but ive been here a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago and when tangrin was still active and lemarties had absolutely no power

Magnum21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRavensFan on December 6th 2013, 2:07 pm

You have to understand;
1. The owner was ACTUALLY ON as opposed to those that rarely show up.
2. You were testing/ experimenting with guns i hadn't seen before.
3. You DIDN'T kill or mute me within 1 minute.
4. I think you gave me a gun to test out...were you trying out a new shotgun or something?

You easily earned my respect then, Bob. You made me want to stay.
Hey, Savor Of Hummens is more...dramatic than my usual screen-name. It IS a RP server, after all.
OldRavensFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on December 6th 2013, 3:28 pm

OldRavensFan wrote:

You have to understand;
1. The owner was ACTUALLY ON as opposed to those that rarely show up.
2. You were testing/ experimenting with guns i hadn't seen before.
3. You DIDN'T kill or mute me within 1 minute.
4. I think you gave me a gun to test out...were you trying out a new shotgun or something?

You easily earned my respect then, Bob. You made me want to stay.
Hey, Savor Of Hummens is more...dramatic than my usual screen-name. It IS a RP server, after all.
What was your usual screen name?
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRavensFan on December 6th 2013, 7:38 pm

My usual screen name is OldRavensFan or OldRavens if I have limited space.

*Points to his name on the forums*
OldRavensFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on December 7th 2013, 2:37 am

OldRavensFan wrote:My usual screen name is OldRavensFan or OldRavens if I have limited space.

*Points to his name on the forums*
oh ok Razz
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeDawg on December 7th 2013, 2:49 pm

For me, it was a bit different.

I arrived on the server with Pyron. At the time, me and him regularly were on a Serious Zombie RP server, which has since gone defunct. When it did, both of us were looking for a server to once again call our own. Pyron discovered Bob's server, and after a few days, invited me, saying it was, and I quote ' Kickass '.

When I joined, I need to be honest. I didn't like the server. I was not much of a combat person at the time, spending most of my time on GMod on Serious RP servers. So, as one would expect, I got my ass handed to me. A shit ton. But, what kept me here, was the dedication of Bob.

Bob, let's say, was awesome. IS awesome. When I joined, he was there. When he had something new to show off, he transported me and Pyron to him, showing us his new weapons, gems, and other gadgets. He made the server worth staying on, simply through his dedication to the player base, and making an experience that could be fun for anyone.

Around this time, I discovered the Rosemary. That's when my combat kicked into high gear. I've always had a good eye at popping heads. I mostly stayed to the roof tops, popping Pyron whenever he was the Big Cheese, or killing anyone who tried to cap a point. For a while there, I was hard to kill. It made the whole experience fun.

The simple fact that Bob made weapons that worked with any playstyle, made the whole experience just.... More. I never was a close and personal guy. I was the one who hung back, gave support, was hard to find, and kill. I never stayed in one place too long, and I always enjoyed staying high up. The fact that there was a plethora of weapons that suited that role, was perfect.

Thank you Bob.

Thank you, for making a server that I can play on, rage at, and still have fun with.

Thank you for making something that ate up hours I'll never get back.

xoxo

ThreeDawg
ThreeDawg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lt.Swaggles Sniper on December 8th 2013, 10:40 pm

I guess ill tell my story to it goes like this.

Back in late 2010 i was browsing servers at the time i was really a big fan of just fucking with servers and getting banned ( because normal rp servers can get to be boring as fuck when its all the same) so i found bobs server and had a map i never played on or knew about ( back in those days no one introduced you so if you were new often not many people did not give two shits and you were screwed if you did not learn fast that or good people were not on) anyways i started playing normal classes then found out that there was like 10 classes that you could pick then i found you could be police without a voting system first thing i thought was HOLY SHIT I WILL TROLL THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE at the time everyone else  was a criminal in short no one was good at shooting me and there was no control points at the time no level system and no abilities and no special weapons just the css ones so as i kept playing and came back the next day because it seemed that there was no admins i killed a bunch of civilians  and got banned for  a week (there was no rdm protection for civilians at the time) but in only that one day i decided not to troll anymore cause it was getting boring and after my ban wore off i started playing on the server quite frequently even though there was not much custom stuff (even zombies did not exist back then just the npc ones in the subway)even so i loved the server around late 2011 i stopped playing computer games and focused on things in life when 2012 rolled around i was on top of things i started playing gmod again  i remembered the server i had it on my favorites list in gmod 12 but when i looked for it all my favorite servers had disappeared and i could not find it during the last few months of last year however i found it again much more popular then before this time with capture points a shit load of new and exclusive to the server guns zombie classes gems, classes and i could go on forever but i started playing it again and have become a recognizable regular on the server. currently i have applied for both admin (my less than good application said by others to be slamming my head on the keyboard Sad ) and an operator position application

I hope this server continues to have a long life ,strong community and all the best guns i've ever seen. This server was made by bob and to him i say thank you this is pretty much all i play in gmod now.

if you took the time to actually look through this thank you Merry christmas/Kwanzaa  <3 you all
Lt.Swaggles Sniper

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080256582/

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum21 on December 9th 2013, 12:32 pm

Lt.Swaggles Sniper wrote:I guess ill tell my story to it goes like this.

Back in late 2010 i was browsing servers at the time i was really a big fan of just fucking with servers and getting banned ( because normal rp servers can get to be boring as fuck when its all the same) so i found bobs server and had a map i never played on or knew about ( back in those days no one introduced you so if you were new often not many people did not give two shits and you were screwed if you did not learn fast that or good people were not on) anyways i started playing normal classes then found out that there was like 10 classes that you could pick then i found you could be police without a voting system first thing i thought was HOLY SHIT I WILL TROLL THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE at the time everyone else  was a criminal in short no one was good at shooting me and there was no control points at the time no level system and no abilities and no special weapons just the css ones so as i kept playing and came back the next day because it seemed that there was no admins i killed a bunch of civilians  and got banned for  a week (there was no rdm protection for civilians at the time) but in only that one day i decided not to troll anymore cause it was getting boring and after my ban wore off i started playing on the server quite frequently even though there was not much custom stuff (even zombies did not exist back then just the npc ones in the subway)even so i loved the server around late 2011 i stopped playing computer games and focused on things in life when 2012 rolled around i was on top of things i started playing gmod again  i remembered the server i had it on my favorites list in gmod 12 but when i looked for it all my favorite servers had disappeared and i could not find it during the last few months of last year however i found it again much more popular then before this time with capture points a shit load of new and exclusive to the server guns zombie classes gems, classes and i could go on forever but i started playing it again and have become a recognizable regular on the server. currently i have applied for both admin (my less than good application said by others to be slamming my head on the keyboard Sad ) and an operator position application

I hope this server continues to have a long life ,strong community and all the best guns i've ever seen. This server was made by bob and to him i say thank you this is pretty much all i play in gmod now.

if you took the time to actually look through this thank you Merry christmas/Kwanzaa  <3 you all

Lolz I remember this
Magnum21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lt.Swaggles Sniper on December 9th 2013, 1:53 pm

Magnum21 wrote:Lolz i remeber this
Yup XD me to

Idk why i put this here but FUCK LOGIC  cheers
Lt.Swaggles Sniper

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080256582/

Back to top Go down

Post  blazing banana on December 13th 2013, 8:30 am

well every post here is way to long to read so yeh about half a year ago i landed on the server when just joining random drp servers and then i saw war rp and i was sold (first i tought bob was a bad owner cause he wasn't so good with enforcing rules but when i saw lemarties and fox i knew everything would be alright and i didnt know who casdin was until a month ago
blazing banana
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on December 13th 2013, 7:48 pm

:T
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on December 14th 2013, 3:33 am

Ablationer wrote::T
:3 I love you bob
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE:

Post  Mister Fantastic Fox on January 9th 2014, 5:32 pm

Oh my god, so, much, shit, to, read, all without proper paragraphs

FUCK THIS -Tableflip-
Mister Fantastic Fox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on January 9th 2014, 5:58 pm

Mister Fantastic Fox wrote:Oh my god, so, much, shit, to, read, all without proper paragraphs

FUCK THIS -Tableflip-
Yeah it might be just a little bit too long
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRavensFan on January 9th 2014, 7:17 pm

Mister Fantastic Fox wrote:Oh my god, so, much, shit, to, read, all without proper paragraphs

FUCK THIS -Tableflip-

*puffs out cheeks* Well, MINE was formatted correctly...*mumble grumble*
OldRavensFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on January 9th 2014, 8:21 pm

20:19 - Triscut: Vanilla is complaining that he is gay and he doens't have my gun permanently.
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on January 10th 2014, 2:38 am

Ablationer wrote:20:19 - Triscut: Vanilla is complaining that he is gay and he doens't have my gun permanently.
Wait what?
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top