Bitching about Guncrafting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bitching about Guncrafting

Post  Ablationer on May 25th 2014, 4:30 pm

Apparently making meetings about this is not enough.

I STILL hear people bitching about "Oh I remember back when there was no guncrafting and people would just buy a gun and go with that and it was skill alone that made the difference now there's no skill it's just OP guns muumumuuwhine whine"

First of all, there was just as much bitching back then about guns than there is today, but back then it was about expensive guns like the BFG or the old-base vaporizer or other guns like that. Remember how much RAGE happened because of the Fatman? Yeah, so no, it wasn't "better".

Second, every single gun that is made you can make the exact fucking thing if you just pay attention to the death notice in your console, it SAYS what's the mod being used, so there's no little secret about what mod to use with that. And gems are really fucking frequent now, so there's no reason to bitch about OP guns because they're really easy to get. The only right you have to bitch about is when there's weird balance issues regarding certain combinations of mods with stats change that might need adjusting. But otherwise, I feel like people who bitch about the guncrafting is because they don't know how it works or they just don't wanna bother with it or they're just being stubborn.

Lastly, we can never please everyone. So far the guncrafting has received a LOT of positive feedback and even though yes some people are whining about it at the end of the day the vast majority of people are happy with it. Amusingly enough, most of the people that bitch about it are the old staff who need to fucking take off their nostalgia goggles and realize that the server is better now than it's ever been. Not only on a technical aspect (crashes, glitches, desync, etc) but also on a general player base aspect, the staff isn't perfect but we have a lot less abuse than we've seen before in the past, most of the players are relatively happy with themselves and there really isn't a whole lot of bitching being done in-game about rulebreaking or other kind of bullshit.

And here, for all of you who complain about the guncrafting: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nostalgia%20goggles
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

View user profile http://bobszrp.idfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitching about Guncrafting

Post  TheAngrySniper on May 25th 2014, 5:22 pm

I don't think you'll ever be able to ever truly rid the server of players bitching about things, alot of what is being complained about is being fixed in 2.0 regardless.
TheAngrySniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on May 25th 2014, 7:16 pm

TheAngrySniper wrote:I don't think you'll ever be able to ever truly rid the server of players bitching about things, alot of what is being complained about is being fixed in 2.0 regardless.
There will always be bitching.
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRavensFan on May 26th 2014, 1:30 am

Believe me, 2.0 is leaving the old one IN THE DUST. Adding in ranges helps to balance things, me thinks.

The only reason why people complain is because they can't figure out how they died from a one-shot from a certain weapon.

Sometimes I'll say "Yeah, it's OP" as a joke just because certain guns fit certain playstyles; a shotgun that spams out a ton of weak pellets isn't that effective against armored people. My Penguin Stampede, for instance, sucks at close range; at medium and especially at long range its quite deadly...if not armored.
OldRavensFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on May 26th 2014, 2:12 am

OldRavensFan wrote:Believe me, 2.0 is leaving the old one IN THE DUST. Adding in ranges helps to balance things, me thinks.

The only reason why people complain is because they can't figure out how they died from a one-shot from a certain weapon.

Sometimes I'll say "Yeah, it's OP" as a joke just because certain guns fit certain playstyles; a shotgun that spams out a ton of weak pellets isn't that effective against armored people. My Penguin Stampede, for instance, sucks at close range; at medium and especially at long range its quite deadly...if not armored.
Also if someone has an 'OP' gun on 2.0 you can either if its elemental get more resistance towards it or get the same gun or a better gun.
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile on May 26th 2014, 5:31 am

No such thing as OP gun on 2.0 that one shots people. Maybe if you deck out a shotgun to the max damage and the victim has no resistance.
RoboReptile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 on May 26th 2014, 6:40 am

RoboReptile wrote:No such thing as OP gun on 2.0 that one shots people. Maybe if you deck out a shotgun to the max damage and the victim has no resistance.
That's why I put 'OP' not OP its a subtle hint
Walkthroughmaster33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blazing banana on May 26th 2014, 7:00 am

its simple

earlier version = easy to learn but hard to master
now= hard to learn hard to master

and i cant believe that people actually complain about a fatman
blazing banana
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on May 26th 2014, 7:47 am

And requires no skill, right?

Like I've said many times, there are counters to everything. Every single mod has a weakness or something that can counter it. Heat-based? Use Hazmat. Spammy shotguns? Use armor. One-shot snipers? Use life saver.

Honestly, I don't think it's that hard to learn either. Sure, it's counter-intuitive, as in, no one could ever figure that shit out by themselves on their own, I'll give you that. But once you grasp how it works it's really not that complicated, 2-3 steps for emeralds, and only 1-2 for sapphires. Amethysts don't require anything more than clicking Use on them.
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  blazing banana on May 26th 2014, 8:22 am

im not saying that this game mode requires no skill
the early game was counterstrike with special guns : very reliant on movement user accuracy and reflexes
now its like a minigame server...what i mean by this is its not that dependant on skill but it helps

BTW. this is not a complaint/this is not a suggestion....its just my opinion
blazing banana
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAngrySniper on May 26th 2014, 11:27 am

RoboReptile wrote:No such thing as OP gun on 2.0 that one shots people. Maybe if you deck out a shotgun to the max damage and the victim has no resistance.

You may be able to get away with a quad/triple AWP with all the stats in accuracy/damage.

But good luck getting away with manoeuvrability and handling cons.
TheAngrySniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer on May 26th 2014, 2:57 pm

blazing banana wrote:im not saying that this game mode requires no skill
Funny how you change your version depending on who you're talking to.

Well whatever. I just wanted to make things clear.
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRavensFan on May 26th 2014, 10:20 pm

blazing banana wrote:
and i cant believe that people actually complain about a fatman

Civilian: Oh, here comes a cop! Get that criminal hiding in that nearby building!
*Cop launches Fatman, Civilian dies*
Civilian: WTF?!

THAT is why people complain.
OldRavensFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy_ on May 26th 2014, 11:06 pm

I honestly love gun crafting. I've only been on the server for two days as of this post, but it's still long enough to know that it isn't unbalanced. If someone has an OP shotgun, you make an OP sniper to counter it. Simple.

Billy_

View user profile http://Burnie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum