I want change. Please notice this!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I want change. Please notice this!

Post  FRiggitsX on August 5th 2014, 7:09 pm

Ok I am FRiggitsXx on Bobs TDM RP! I am happy to be part of the community now that I have an account on the forums but I want things to be clear to the owner and other staff members and or other people in the community.

I love the TDM RP. Its a unique way of playing gmod in its ability in combat. Codes, addons and such. But what I don't appreciate half of the time is the META GAME and the MASS DISRESPECT. Yes I know we get in the heat of the moment in battle but people have to watch what they say unless they are asking for a fight. When I kill someone or when I witness others killing others, I hear very mean words spoken to each other. People calling each other faggots, Dumbasses, Fucking morons, Noobs, ect. (you get it). I understand that this world is a mean world but as a community that's wanting to thrive to greater things, or hoping to. Cant. Disrespect is one thing that would need to be fixed if the community wants to become bigger. Because then People will lose respect in themselves in what others say. Verbal abuse means a lot from something said so little. Most people in the game often have negative attitudes and I really get tired of hearing complaints about who's doing this and who's doing that. LETS NOT TURN THIS TO COD PEOPLE!!! I have been even hearing operators and server greeters saying really rude stuff to me telling me to shut the F*** Up, telling me I am annoying and have an annoying voice. I am 15, voices shouldn't matter because we have all been there once in our lives. I am disappointed in hearing harsh things being said in which could leave this community to having a bad reputation and bad rating...

One last main thing I want to be noticed is the determination and (maturity on staff when its needed). I am not going to go in to much depth because IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE THAN JUST ASK ME. I know that staff can have a good time on the servers but when a guest to the server has a complaint, they expect the staff to handle it at the best of their ability. This can go from just a simple reasoning, explanation or small talk. But some just don't bother to do that. Also No-clip is a problem.[u] If a staff is no-clipped near the ground in which could be mistaken to one actually standing on the ground without no-clip.
THAN THEY SHOULDNT COMLAIN IF THEY'RE KILLED. (If you want more info than just ask me). I don't want argument in the thread. I just want positive criticism/feedback.

In conclusion. I am requesting change. Or at least some figuration. I am an admin on a server (not that it matters) but I know how certain actions have limits of maturity and such. Please comment below!  Smile 




FRiggitsX

Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  RoboReptile on August 5th 2014, 7:20 pm

Players and staff do not disrespect each other to be mean. People say that as a joke. If you can't take people joking, the server isn't for you. If you really get that offended when people talk like that, you shouldn't be on the internet, because that's only a sliver of what really you can experience.

The staff are quite professional when needed, the only reason why they weren't to you because you were making a really BS complaint. Also saying the staff have attitudes doesn't help either.

Yes we do call each other names but it's for fun, we are all trying to have/having fun on the server because that's what this community is about. We aren't going to be a bunch of pussies who go "Ohh no no no no, you cannot cuss, it's a no no u get banned!"

All this triggered because you killed me in noclip and argued with me how you "thought" I was touching the ground even though I flew in front of you.

_________________
Jesus RaptorJesus
avatar
RoboReptile

Posts : 937
Join date : 2013-01-02
Age : 17
Location : Behind you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  FRiggitsX on August 5th 2014, 7:32 pm

See now that's when your wrong. People telling each other to shut the fuck up. Your a faggot kid. Go back to preschool. Is not funny stuff. and many get offended by it for a lot of people on the server are my friends and have told me what others said to them. You may think its joking but many people hide their feelings in a laugh or so.  And another thing is that your trying to start an argument in the forums in which is not appropriate. If you want to have a conversation than just talk somewhere else that's not here.  I notice what is going on and I am revealing it here in the forums. No arguments allowed.  (And no your not making a point) your stirring up something.  

And even if my complaint was a BS complaint. It should still be settled properly. By properly I mean by having a talk. Not by talking trash over mic. or public chat. Or using no-clip to fly back and kill the person that killed you before.

Another thing is that I am not saying you cannot cuss. Say whatever the fuck you want. But there is limits to HOW you say those words. Another thing is that I know what being called names is like. As a sophomore, high school is hell and everyone treats you like shit for being little compared to everyone else. I KNOW what its like to be on the lowest part of the food chain which is why I don't want others to be in pain over the internet.

Final thing is that I know this is the internet. But You don't have to make your community look bad just by the actions that are accounted for. You guys can make it a more peaceful place than having people constantly meta game over a simple kill. It gets really old.

THIS COMMUNITY COULD TURN IN A TO GOOD TO BE TRUE! But right now as I see it and many others is a cliché meta gaming server. Don't get me wrong I love this server! I really do! The addons. The characters, The weapon creations and all that shit are amazing to begin with. But we can add branches and branches of abilities just by some simple tasks I asked from above thread.


Last edited by FRiggitsX on August 5th 2014, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I needed more explaining)

FRiggitsX

Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  RoboReptile on August 5th 2014, 8:00 pm

Sorry for posting feedback, but you're the one starting arguments when I tell you what's been going on.

I've been with this server for 3 (almost 4) years now and I know how the community is. As far as I know no staff has been calling kids faggots unless if they have been a jackass.

Quit trying to make it look like i'm starting arguments, because i'm not. You asked for criticism, and i'm providing it with what i've seen throughout my time on the server. Make sure you have the right info before you start complaining with a mixed up story and leave things out.

If this was a peaceful community, people would be bored and not play, there's a reason why the server has 20+ people every day. If the trashtalk was as bad as you claim, there wouldn't be anyone playing.

Same with meta gaming. THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS RP. It's a TDM with a hint of RP in it. Not enough RP for metagaming to be an issue. Same with NLR.

You are the only one that has this sort of complaint. Can't you just stop for a minute and think, "Am I the problem here?" "Does anyone else have this problem?"

_________________
Jesus RaptorJesus
avatar
RoboReptile

Posts : 937
Join date : 2013-01-02
Age : 17
Location : Behind you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  FRiggitsX on August 5th 2014, 8:18 pm

I have asked for positive criticism. The comments your making and the tone that your talking isn't positive.  You may have been on this server for a long time. But you haven't taken the time to fix the problems which is an issue.

About the comment about you saying that if people not getting in fights or trash talking?? My community that I am in is probably the most peaceful environment you could ever enter. We are like family in our community, that's why we have expanded to darkrp and have 30+ people play almost everyday. I want this community to be the same for that particular part... and meta gaming is an issue. Just because the role play isn't that potent doesn't mean the meta game cant be an issue.  I have literally talked to someone a couple minutes ago how people get too butt hurt about someone killing them. He is correct. And as a person that loves this server and has invited about 5 people to the server and all have played it. I want everyone to have a good time.  And I am not twisting the story because what you say isn't 100% true either.  

Your trying to cover your butt because your a staff. I honest to god have no reason to twist stories for I want the truth to be revealed and I want others to realize what needs to be done.  And yes  some staff members have been acting like jerks over periods of times, So have respected players.  (Like I said, I am complaining for a reason) I am not disrespecting, I am informing others on what is going on and what needs changed.

The feedback that you gave me in public chat wasn't acceptable in my eyes and I cant let go for you and I both need to fix our anger during an argument in public.  Maybe in your eyes you don't want change because that's what you dealt with for so long. But now that you have someone that cares.  We can make a difference.  

If you choose to go against with what I have to say as a person, than that's fine. I will be asking others to what they have to say.  silent 

I respect everyone's opinions


Last edited by FRiggitsX on August 5th 2014, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to prove points)

FRiggitsX

Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  Ablationer on August 5th 2014, 8:36 pm

There's only one thing FR said so far that made sense, and that was that people are kind of dickheads, especially to little kids, but that's like that everywhere on Gmod. It's nothing personal, but it's just really annoying when you're talking and suddenly something that sounds like a dying cat is screaming in your ears and makes your eardrums bleed. There's something called microphone volume adjustment.

Other than that, complaining about metagaming is retarded as hell, same goes for NLR. This isn't a RP server, the only reason RP is part of it is because there's money, jobs, and other left-over DarkRP stuff.

But guess what, NLR metagaming and no RDM wasn't something that was initially part of DarkRP, that was added later by people who loves rules a little too much. In fact with a little research you'd see that Falco made minging a lot easier for propkillers and such. That's why there's so many minges on DarkRP in general, and why a lot of workarounds have to be done to mitigate the most of these issues, like I have.

Bottom line is: Yes the server isn't perfect, and I agreed that people should learn to calm the hell down and stop being sore losers, but at the same time, if you're gonna be screaming in our ears, don't expect to be respected in return. And just like, take this for example: "No arguments allowed." Really? What are you, the goddamn gestapo? Who are you to decide what's allowed and what isn't? Just because you're admin on some other community doesn't give you authority here.

_________________
avatar
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Posts : 1261
Join date : 2012-05-27
Age : 28
Location : Canada

View user profile http://bobszrp.idfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  FRiggitsX on August 5th 2014, 9:15 pm

Well that's a damn shame then. Voice being made fun of by a fucking owner. Great, just great...That's totally what I expected. You know You cant really say "Don't take this personal" and then practically offend me with something that I cant help at the moment. My points I made make sense. and if you guys cant honestly see where I am coming across, with rude staff such as robo. Then I don't think I wanna be part of the community. Let alone being made fun of by an owner... That literally just crossed the line between maturity and just plain out sounding like a complete dick.

I don't feel welcome here in the first place due to the lack of respect from a lot of people. While I sit here and comfort the little ones that everyone thinks are so annoying. They aren't. We were them once. We were all annoying once. So lets not turn from the victims to the executers here.

I am probably not going to speak to anyone on the server since your comment was said, let alone respect anyone like how I have been doing correctly. Literally all I have to say is my self confidence is in the hole because of how you people view things about me and about what I have to say. Plus I didn't say that me being admin on another matters. I just said that to relate to my community compared to yours.

Your community is well developed by the members need spotted. So your probably going to ban me for what I said now in this reply because you dislike what I have to say in reply from you making fun of me. If so then you got what you deserved for not respecting my voice. after all that I respected your staff and put up with many others shit. Have a good day.

FRiggitsX

Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  RoboReptile on August 5th 2014, 9:25 pm

You don't seem to quite get it so i'll let other people tell you what they think.

It's not much of a wonder now why people call you these names.

_________________
Jesus RaptorJesus
avatar
RoboReptile

Posts : 937
Join date : 2013-01-02
Age : 17
Location : Behind you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  TheJackamj on August 5th 2014, 10:33 pm

Friggits it's true that sometimes people can be dicks on Bob's. But, this server is probably the only server in all of Gmod to actually be respectable and kind to others. If you are getting disrespected, look to see what you're doing wrong first. Don't just assume it's others faults when you get disrespected.

_________________
avatar
TheJackamj

Posts : 163
Join date : 2013-12-23
Age : 19
Location : Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  RoboReptile on August 5th 2014, 10:57 pm

FRiggitsX wrote:Well that's a damn shame then. Voice being made fun of by a fucking owner. Great, just great...That's totally what I expected. You know You cant really say "Don't take this personal" and then practically offend me with something that I cant help at the moment...

Ablationer wrote:It's nothing personal, but it's just really annoying when you're talking and suddenly something that sounds like a dying cat is screaming in your ears and makes your eardrums bleed..

Are you serious? He was doing no such thing as making fun of you. He just said he dislikes it when squeakers scream and yell into their mics because yeah, it is annoying, but he wasn't talking about that being you in specific. So there you go assuming again.

FRiggitsX wrote:with rude staff such as robo...Let alone being made fun of by an owner, That literally just crossed the line between maturity and just plain out sounding like a complete dick.

That's YOU disrespecting now. And when you say/do stuff like this, i'm not surprised people don't respect you back and say the same.

FRiggitsX wrote:Your community is well developed by the members need spotted.


Bob (and even me) have more experience running community than you. He does not need your help/advice especially when you say what you can/can't do.

FRiggitsX wrote:So your probably going to ban me for what I said now in this reply because you dislike what I have to say in reply from you making fun of me.  If so then you got what you deserved for not respecting my voice. after all that I respected your staff and put up with many others shit.

No one was making fun of you, and no one has said anything about your voice. And you've never respected the staff and what exactly have you "Put up" with the staff?

I'm not showing anymore respect to you after what you've said now. You've lost it from me, bob, and probably others. I recommend learning something from this and have some more common sense next time.

_________________
Jesus RaptorJesus
avatar
RoboReptile

Posts : 937
Join date : 2013-01-02
Age : 17
Location : Behind you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  Ablationer on August 6th 2014, 3:08 am

FR what the hell are you even on about? I never referred you once in my comment about voices. I don't even know what you sound like, how could I insult you based on that?

What I was saying is that it's pretty hard to respect someone who sound like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHgW2z61_9k
It's not because they're young, that's not their fault. But screaming into their mic at full volume IS something they can do something about. And if they don't, then why should we put up with them? Like I said, microphone volume adjustment exists for a reason.

If you feel that's what you sound like, then so be it. If that's not what you sound like, then why the hell are you getting offended by my comment?

_________________
avatar
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Posts : 1261
Join date : 2012-05-27
Age : 28
Location : Canada

View user profile http://bobszrp.idfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  Casdin on August 6th 2014, 11:59 am

Damn,
FR I was siding with you for a moment, some people disrespect and I have gotten into a few arguments with people when I was staff and when I just a user.

But that comes back down to this is the internet and Who cares?
As for the cussing and calling names, I think I made more friends doing that in this server then by just being nice, its fun, we all have a great time. It may also prove to be better to play along with a joke, people tend to like you if you can take a joke without being butt hurt over the smallest of things.

As for assuming bob made fun of you? Seriously? Seriously?
We have young staff members with high pitched voices and Bob respects them because they have volume control.
I don't even know you, non-less seen you before, and I already can tell you can't respect other peoples opinions or comments and cant have a serious conversation without being offended.

After your little comment there regarding Bob, don't be surprised if users/staff who read this will be more of a dick to you in the future.
avatar
Casdin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2012-06-05
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE;

Post  Mister Fantastic Fox on August 11th 2014, 10:58 am

He does actually have some what of a fine point in the conversation though. Since one of our rules is respect- sometimes people get to carried away with their assholeish freedoms that their respect falls for the actual staff- in which I have been in many cases in, and as you all should know I believe in respect quite well, having even banned people for it since it has gotten so bad. Although most of the community is a family here- there are some bad apples, or even new people that join on to try to minge us with our own rules/ usually respect/ minging with the kids or otherwise. It's not really their fault but more of the people's targeting them's fault.
I've already cracked down on racist terms in slurrs going on in the server due to the fact of getting on just about everyday to hear the word. "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER." Would drive me fucking crazy with the attempt to go to that persons house and beat them with a bat until they shit out their brain. But of course I'll substitute with the much easier thing of just getting rid of the word itself since people can't have either moderation or the simple minded being of saying it when it was funny about 800 Nigger's ago. And was in jokes or something.
Although I seem to be the only person that watches other peoples language and make sure it's in check/ in a respectful manner of all towards other people. Yeah it's funny to say the occasional. "Ooh you fag- I was typing." Or something although if it were to get more serious as if. "You motherfucker- I hope you get cancer and die." Or "Holy shit you fucking queerbait- I fucking hate you." There's obviously some issues, there are boundaries that have been crossed and obviously should be fixed. Of course not entirely possible with just me. I'd like some help with this as well.
All of your points Fgt' or whatever your name is Frit or something, You have some right points to be correct/indeed with. But NLR isin't with TDM, as well as the point of Metagaming. That's nearly impossible to do due to the fact that would require monitoring of EVERYONE at ALL times. And as much as I know everyone and see everything- and hear everything, *Winkwink* It'd just suck the fun out of everything if I had like ten moniters on my desk just watching people all day. I'm not a security guard yet and I'd rather not go through the training to be one. You like the server? Awesome for you, I'm glad you like it so much, keep posting suggestions in the suggestion forum if we still have it. And let your creative mind just boggle with ideas, just know we can't make every one of them come true.

_________________
avatar
Mister Fantastic Fox
Admin

Posts : 210
Join date : 2013-06-08
Age : 19
Location : North carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  Casdin on August 11th 2014, 12:48 pm

I'm actually a security guard fox,
Got a problem with Guards Very Happy
avatar
Casdin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2012-06-05
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

x3

Post  boomclear on August 12th 2014, 2:56 pm

Frig for new ghandi!

boomclear

Posts : 19
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  OwenDaKid on August 12th 2014, 5:31 pm

Kids, go play 'My Little Pony.' If you can shoot a virtual gun, you should be able to hear language. I'm getting sick of sheltering people; Little kids. Your playing on a server with Tit sprays etc. Bob's community doesn't really cater to little kids, lets be honest. If you don't like it then don't read the chat, turn down incoming mic volume as well.

OwenDaKid

Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  TheDarkWolf on August 13th 2014, 2:20 pm

Its the internet who cares. as long as its not used to intentionally make someone pissed or doesnt cross the line of disrespect its ok. lets say two people gets into a argument. thats a diffrent story. but combat? Combat can get ppl pissed by alot of things and getting gang banged by a sweeper and big chease when your a jill can suck. but honestly if its in combat then let them vent out a little anger. also COD has a bunch of 5 year olds mixed with 20 yr olds arguing with each other like there getting paid to do it.

_________________
avatar
TheDarkWolf

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 15
Location : America Fuck Yea!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want change. Please notice this!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum